Engr. Jamiu Badmos
As a registered Engineer (COREN, MNSE, IAEng, MIET) with innovative ideas to deliver tasks meticulously, timely and passionately, He has translated excellent safety, environmental and quality performance into profitability and operational excellence for over forty two (42) companies including Multi-nationals in Oil & Gas, Telecoms, Manufacturing, Banking, Logistics, Construction and Power sectors of the economy.
Engr. Jamiu Badmos, a Fellow of the leading Risk Management Association in Nigeria, Association of Enterprise Risk Management Professionals (AERMP), a Fellow of Nigerian Institution of Safety Engineers (NISE) and one of the five (5) International (IRCA) Lead Auditors (OH&S) in Nigeria has contributed tremendously to health, safety, security, environment and Quality (HSSEQ) drive in Nigeria through the development and implementation of Harm to Zero (H2O) Concept, Youth empowerment (Mentorship and Job Placement Program), Safety NGO activities (The Safety Advocates), Safety CONNECTS through Watsapp Platform, Safety Blog and the unique STRESS calculator amongst others.
Over the years, he has delivered outstanding/world class lectures and received awards in both Local and International Conferences organised by TEDx, Vision 2020, US Consulate, International Conference of Infrastructural Development in Africa (ICIDA), Africa Utility Week (AUW), Inaugural West African Power Summit, West Africa Power Industry Convention (WAPIC), Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPoN), Society for Occupational and Environmental Health Physicians of Nigeria (SOEHPON), Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Association of Professional Women Engineers in Nigeria (APWEN), American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS), West African Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (WASHEQ), and Lagos State Safety Commission (LSSC) etc.
Through his passion for safety and environmental excellence in Nigeria, he received several awards including:
- Outstanding Contributor to Youth Empowerment 2013 – ISPON
- Health & Safety Champion Award (Category A), Nigerian Safety Award For Excellence (9jaSAFE Award)- Hall of Fame 2015
- Health & Safety Torch Bearer Award – Nigerian Safety Award For Excellence (9jaSAFE Award)- Hall of Fame 2016
- Torch Bearer Award at the Nigerian Safety and Security Awards 2017
- National Health & Safety Commendation Award – Nigerian Safety Award For Excellence (9jaSAFE Award)- Hall of Fame 2017
- Recognition Award at the 3rd Emergency & Disaster preparedness Summit by Ministry of Special Duties, Lagos State Government
- Commendation Award as outstanding contributor to HSE Drive from religious bodies including; The Stone Church, Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN) etc
- Several Commendation Plaques and Certificates from APWEN, SOEPHON, WASHEQ and ASSE etc.
Engr. Jamiu Badmos is a Board Member (appointed by Nigerian Society of Engineers) on National Industrial Safety Council of Nigeria (NISCN), Certified Protection Officer (CPO), An Advisory board member of the African Utility Week and the Executive Director, Strategies, Safety Advocacy & Empowerment Foundation (The Safety Advocates)